HMBASA’s Mission Statement:
- Co-ordinate a national network of centres around South Africa, which collect and process human milk and simultaneously protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
- Provide regular updated guidelines and monitor standards of practice of existing milk banks.
- The provision of information and advice in all areas of human milk banking including best practice guidance.
- The regular development, maintenance and updating of guidelines in accordance with any new research and clinical evidence.
- The assistance as necessary with guidance in setting up new banks (note each bank to provide own funding and own committee and will operate autonomously).
- The maintenance of a database of all banks.
- The raising of funds to pay salary for a national coordinator and other running expenses.
- Organizing annual visits to each bank to evaluate practice and provide feedback.
- Promotion, protection and support of breast feeding
Our Partners & Affiliates